Yumi and I are inviting you to the Premieres of our NEW Adventure In Intimacy workshops for couples. The first will take place in Miami, Florida on January 19-21, 2018. The second, in Monterey, California on March 9-11, 2018.
Josh Gressel, PhD, a psychotherapist who has been organizing our Monterey couples workshop for 13 years, has a very unique perspective on the value of a Hedy and Yumi workshop. He says: "I'm a big believer in what Hedy and Yumi have to offer for the following reasons:
1. Theory: The explanations provided for why it's so much easier to fall in love than it is to stay in love are the deepest and most meaningful I'm aware of. Through their lectures, stories and their demonstrations you will "get it" in a way you won't be able to out of a book or in a therapist's office (including mine).
2. Methodology: You will learn a set of portable skills and useful rituals, meaning that you will be able to take what you learn in this workshop, and if you choose to, continue this work on your own. My wife and I attended the first California workshop in 2004. It has transformed our relationship from a good one to a flourishing one. It is like anything else in life, whether it's the gym or dental hygiene: if you do it (work out, floss, etc.) it works. If you don't, it will be a nice memory. But it isn't rocket science and you can make this work for you.
3. Group synergy: Most of us haven't been exposed to the power of a group at its best. This weekend can be an experience of that. For starters, most couples are reluctant to share their wrinkles in public. Let me reassure you that you do not need to say a word the entire workshop and you will get a tremendous amount just by watching. Because of the safety that is created, there will be couples who will share, and when you see that rather than being diminished by being vulnerable you gain strength, and that a momentum of honesty gets started that builds throughout the weekend, you will have a taste of what it can be like to be in a community of couples committed to a conscious relationship. It's a very powerful experience.
4. Watching a master: Hedy Schleifer is one of the best couple's therapists I have ever witnessed. I tell people that for me, a couple's therapist, it is akin to a golf player getting to watch Tiger Woods or a violinist getting to listen to Yitzhak Perlman live. You will see what is possible with relationships when all the ingredients are in place.
5. Your relationship: And to top this off, spending three days with your partner paying attention to each other, away from your daily grind, will remind you of why you got together in the first place and why you're still together."
Josh adds: "Even if you can't come, please share this workshop with someone you think might benefit from attending."
We welcome all your questions about our programs. Please contact Geoffrey, our operations manager, at Geoffrey@HedyYumi.com or 305-604-0010. He is there to assist you.
We look forward to seeing you on January 19-21, 2018 in Miami, Florida, or on March 9-11, 2018 in Monterey, California.
Wishing you a wonderful preparation for the holiday season, with many magical moments of connection,
Hedy and Yumi