Today I am sending you the five best reasons to attend Hedy and Yumi “A Couple’s Journey” workshop, written by Josh Gressel, PhD, a psychotherapist and a couples therapist in Oakland, CA.
Josh shares his very unique perspective on the value of a Hedy and Yumi workshop.
And here it is:
1. Theory: The explanations provided for why it’s so much easier to fall in love than it is to stay in love are the deepest and most meaningful I’m aware of. Through their lectures, stories and their demonstrations you will “get it” in a way you won’t be able to out of a book or in a therapist’s office (including mine).
2. Methodology: You will learn a set of portable skills and useful rituals, meaning that you will be able to take what you learn in this workshop, and if you choose to, continue this work on your own. My wife and I attended the first California workshop in 2004. It has transformed our relationship from a good one to a flourishing one. It is like anything else in life, whether it’s the gym or dental hygiene: if you do it (work out, floss, etc.) it works. If you don’t, it will be a nice memory. But it isn’t rocket science and you can make this work for you.
3. Group synergy: Most of us haven’t been exposed to the power of a group at its best. This weekend can be an experience of that. For starters, most couples are reluctant to share their wrinkles in public. Let me reassure you that you do not need to say a word the entire workshop and you will get a tremendous amount just by watching. Because of the safety that is created, there will be couples who will share, and when you see that rather than being diminished by being vulnerable you gain strength, and that a momentum of honesty gets started that builds throughout the weekend, you will have a taste of what it can be like to be in a community of couples committed to a conscious relationship. It’s a very powerful experience.
4. Watching a Master: Hedy Schleifer is one of the best couple’s therapists I have ever witnessed. I tell people that for me, a couple’s therapist, it is akin to a golf player getting to watch Tiger Woods or a violinist getting to listen to Yitzhak Perlman live. You will see what is possible with relationships when all the ingredients are in place.
5. Your relationship: And to top this off, spending three days with your partner paying attention to each other, away from your daily grind, will remind you of why you got together in the first place and why you’re still together.
Josh adds: “Even if you can’t come, please share this workshop with someone you think might benefit from attending.”
As a therapist, 21 CEUs are available for attending the workshop with your partner.
To register for “A COUPLE’S JOURNEY”:
Call Geoffrey at 305-604-0010
Email Geoffrey at Geoffrey@HedyYumi.com