Hedy Schleifer and the Tikkun Learning Center are pleased to present a unique learning opportunity, hosted by the Central Florida Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (CFAMFT), for professionals, students & registered interns who are interested in and committed to growing their skill, expertise and ease in Couples Therapy.
For information on the contents of the training, visit www.EcCTtraining.com
For questions, please contact:
Brenda Faiber at email@example.com or 407-595-5009
This 3-day training in Encounter-centered Couples Therapy will introduce you to, deepen your understanding of, and your familiarity with, the use of EcCT in your work with couples. You will learn:
- rituals that can help couples learn and internalize the vocabulary of the “other” and thus become “bilingual.”
- the complex distinction between the adaptive “survival dance” and the “dance of life in connection.”
- a unique structure that Hedy has developed for jump-starting a couple’s relationship in two full days, thus eliminating months and sometimes years of therapy.
- the distinction between incremental, successive change, and the power of real transformation, what Hedy calls "Level 3 Learning.”
- about “unraveling of the survival knot” of a couple, the principle “stickiness” that brings the couple to therapy. It is what couples experience as their impasse issue, where one person’s anguished desperation meets the other person’s dogged resistance.
For logistical information and registration, please contact:
Gaetana Vastamente : +32 475 52 75 98
Ulrike Weissenbacher: +32 476 42 66 61
Yves Wauthier: +32 494 41 46 77
This five-day training is centered on the “HOW” of unraveling the "SURVIVAL KNOT” of couples.
Many couples arrive to me after many sessions of Couples Therapy, which has not touched the core of their conflict and disconnection. Couples Therapists are not trained in how to do this.
Out of my own experience of many years as a Couples Therapist and my evolution of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy (EcCT), came an original method for dealing with the core issue of couples. I call the method “UNRAVELING THE SURVIVAL KNOT.”
As part of this highly experiential training, Hedy will be working in-vivo with a couple, in a fish bowl setting. She will be guiding the couple step by step in opening up the energy caught in their impasse issue, where their deepest need meets the partners’ most powerful defense. Throughout the training, attendees will be exposed to Hedy’s unique inspiring teaching style. It will create an opportunity to learn about the method of helping couples in the place where they need most help, their core issue, their “SURVIVAL KNOT.” Therapists will leave the training with an expanded grasp of the theoretical, clinical, and philosophical implications of welcoming couples into their deepest intimacies. This training will be presented in French.