Encounter-centered Couples Therapy Training
A Path to Relational Maturity
- Have you wanted to expand your expertise and skill to assist couples in rising above their reactive survival dance, and shifting from coping to living?
- Have you sometimes been frustrated by what seems like insurmountable roadblocks in couples therapy?
- Have you wished to enhance your ease, flow and grounded presence in your work with couples?
Watch this short video from the introduction of the EcCT video program which will give you a sense of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy.
What Hedy says about the training is:
“My work over the last 30 years as a couples therapist, and over the last 20 years in my laboratory for the relational paradigm, has crystallized into a synergetic understanding of what I call the “three invisible connectors”: the Space, the Bridge and the Encounter. These three invisible connectors, when revealed and applied to a couple’s daily life, create a revolutionary paradigm shift.”
Through lectures, in-vivo demonstrations with couples, group discussion and Q&A sessions, Hedy will invite you to leave the training with new tools, increased expertise, enhanced skills, and a clear vision of how to achieve an even more relaxed and responsive therapeutic stance with couples, and with a new level of understanding and skill in “holding the space” for them, giving them a chance to turn a productive and inspiring corner in their relationship.
21 CE hours: This educational event has been approved for 21 Continuing Education Units. Please see text below for your appropriate boards.
HOURS: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm each day
TUITION: $795 per therapist, $695 for Imago Therapists, $395 for non-therapist spouse/partner of attending therapist
OPEN TO: Couples Therapists, Counselors, Relationship Coaches, Organizational Development Professionals, Pastoral Counselors. *Spouses and partners are welcome
Upcoming Training Sessions
What therapists have said:
“The training with Hedy is like a living laboratory to hone your skill and expertise as a therapist. The learning itself is transformational.” Leo Dhont, LCSW
“The work that transforms is not in the head or intellect, it is in the heart and soul. You taught us how to get there with great skill.” Jean Griffis, Ph.D.
“Hedy’s incorporation of neuroscience, mindfulness, somatic experience, only the essential, eternal time and the language of abundance (to name just a few) is brilliant, and a must for any therapist who wants to work with couples, or for any couple who wants the relationship of their dreams.” Leslie Bartlett, LCPC
In her highly experiential style, Hedy will explore the realm of the “encounter”, which combines the words of each partner’s individual story, with the body’s vast potential for emotional and spiritual expression. Hedy will delve into the rituals that help couples become “bilingual”, learning and internalizing the vocabulary of the “other”. Hedy will also decode the complex distinction between the adaptive “survival dance”, and the dance of life in connection.
The training will include:
- The theoretical basis of the Relational Paradigm
- A description of the relational developmental journey and its impact on the couple’s “dance.”
- Live demonstrations of relational coaching skills
- How to introduce the Relational Paradigm to couples as a transformational tool
- How to assist couples in raising their “Relational IQ”
- How to empower couples in welcoming the genius that lives in their relational space
Upcoming Training Sessions