FAQs: From Therapists, and About Trainings for Therapists
Click to view complete bibliography.
- Anapol Deborah, Polyamory in the 21st Century: Love and Intimacy with Multiple Partners, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (January 16, 2012)
- Arbinger Institute, The. The Anatomy of Peace, Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2006)
- Arbinger Institute, Leadership and Self Deception, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2000
- Argyris, C. A Leadership Dilemma: Skilled Incompetence. Business and Economic Review, 1, (1), 4-11 (1987)
- Arrien, Angeles. The Four Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer and Visionary, San Francisco: Harper San Francisco, 1993
- Atkinson, Brent. “The Emotional Imperative”. Family Therapy Networker, July/August 1999
- Bader, Michael J. 2002. Arousal: The Secret Logic of Sexual Fantasies. New York: St. Martin’s
- Barnard, C. The Functions of the Executive. Cambridge: Harvard. University Press (1968)
- Barrett, Frank J. & Fry, Ronald E. Appreciative Inquiry: A positive Approach to Building Coopertive Capacity A Taos Institute Publication 2005
- Bascobert Kelm, Jacqueline. Appreciative Living: The Principles of Appreciative Inquiry in Personal Life Venet Publishers 2005
- Berceli Davide, Trauma Release Exercises, BookSurge Publishing, 2005
- Bohm, David. On Creativity. London, England: Routledge, 1998
- Bohm, D. On Dialogue. London: Routledge
- Bohm, D. Wholeness and the Implicate Order, London: Routledge, 1980
- Boulding, E. Building a Global Civic Culture. Syracuse University: Syracuse Studies on Peace and Resolution Press (1988)
- Brown Ph.D., Rick. Imago Relationship Therapy: An Introduction to Theory and Practice. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1999
- Buber, Martin. I and Thou, Free Press; 1st Touchstone Ed edition (February 1, 1971)
- Buber, Martin. Between Man and Man. Routledge; 2 edition (May 3, 2002)
- Buber, Martin. The Knowledge of Man Humanity Books; Reprint edition (July 1988)
- Buber, Martin: The Life of Dialogue. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul; Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1955.
- Buber, Martin. The Way of Man: According to the Teachings of Hasidism. New York: Citadel Press, 1995
- Cameron, Kim & Quinn, Robert. Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture, Wiley & Sons (2006)
- Capra, Fritjof. The Tao of Physics, Shambhala Publications, 1975
- Chapman, Gary. 1995. The Five Languages. Northfield Publishing
- Chödon, Pema. The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times.. Boston: Shambhala Publications Inc., 2001
- Chödon, Pema. When Things Fall Apart. Boston: Shambhala Publications Inc.,, 1997
- Chopra, Deepak, How to Know God: The Soul’s Journey into the Mystery of Mysteries. New York: Three Rivers Press 2001
- Collins, J. Good to Great. New York: Harper Collins (2001)
- Collins, J. and Porras, J.I. Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionsary Companies. New York: Harper Business (1994)
- Cooperrider, D.L, & Srivastva, S. Appreciative Inquiry in Organizational Life. Research in Organization Change and Development. Vol. 1. Edited by W. Pasmore and R. Woodman. JAI Press, 1987.
- Cooperrider, D.L. “Positive Image, Positive Action: The Affirmative Basis of Organizing.” Appreciative Management and Leadership. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1990
- Cooperrider, D.L, & Whitney, D. A positive Revolution in Change: Appreciative Inquiry. Taos, NM: Corporation for Positive Change, 1999
- Cousins, Norman. Anatomy of an Illness: As Perceived by the Patient. New York: Bantam Books, 1979
- Covey, Stephen, R. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families. New York: Golden Books, 1997
- Covey, Stephen, R. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1989
- Covey, S. The 8th New York, NY: The Free Press 2004
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly. Flow. New York: Harper Collins, 1996
- Donoghue Emma , Room a Novel, Back Bay Books; Reprint edition 2011
- Fisher, Helen. 2004. Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love. New York: Holt
- Ford, Debbie. The Right Questions. New York: Harper Collins, 2004
- Fox, Matthew. Original Blessing. Santa Fe, NM, Bear & Company, Inc. 1983
- Fonagy, Gergely, Jurist, and Target, Affect Regulation, Mentalization, and the Development of the Self , Other Press Professional; 1 edition (September 7, 2010)
- Fredrickson, Barbara, L. “Positive emotions and upward spirals in organizational settings.” In, Cameron K., Dutton, J & Quinn, R. Positive Organizational Scholarship. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler, 2003
- Frederickson, B.L. The Value of Positive Emotion. American Scientist, 91, 330-335 (2003)
- Freud, S. Thoughts for the Times on War and Death (1915), Standard Edition, Vol. XIV, London: Hogarth Press 1957
- Fritz, Robert. Your Life as Art. Newfane, VT: Newfane Press, 2002
- Fromm, Erich. 1956. The Art of Loving. New York: Harper and Row.
- Gergen, K.J., & Gergen, M. Social Construction: Entering the Dialogue. Chagrin Falls, OH: Taos Institute Publishing, 2004
- Gottman, John. Why Marriages Succeed or Fail: And How You Can Make Yours Last. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1995
- Goleman, Daniel. Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships Bantam (September 26, 2006)
- Hanson,Rick, Buddha’s Brain, New Harbinger Publications; 1 edition (November 1, 2009)
- Hammond, S. The Thin Book of Appreciative Inquiry. Bend, Or: Thin Book Publishing Company 1998
- Hendrix, Harville. Getting the Love You Want, A Guide for Couples, New York: Owl Book. Henry Holt and Co. (First Owls Book) Edition 2001)
- Hendrix, Harville & Hunt, Helen. Receiving Love: Transform Your Relationship by Letting Yourself Be Love, Atria; Reprint edition (October 4, 2005)
- Henricks, Gay. Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World. San Francisco, CA: Harper 2001
- Isaacs, W. Dialogue and the Art of Thinking Together. New York, N,Y: Doubleday, 1999
- Isaacson Walter, Steven Jobs, Simon & Schuster, First Edition, 2011
- Jackins, H. The Human Side of Human Beings, Seattle: Rational Island Publishers 1965
- Jaworski, Joseph. Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership
- Johnson,Sue. Hold me tight, Piatkus Books (February 2011)
- Jung, Carl, G. Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious. (Collected works of C.G. Jung, Vol. 9, Part I) Bollingen, 1981.
- Kauffman, Katie & New, Caroline. Co-Counseling The Theory and Practice of Re-evaluation Counselling Brunner-Routledge, 2004
- Keeney Bradford – Shaking: The Original Path to Ecstasy and Healing, March 2008
- Krishnamurti, Jiddu Freedom from the Known, New York: Harper and Row, 1969
- Levine Peter, Waking the Tiger, North Atlantic Books, 1997
- Lewin, R and Regine, B. The Soul at Work. London: Orion Business Books
- Lewis, T., Amini, F., & Lannon, R. A General Theory of Love. New York: Vintage Books 2001
- Loeb, Paul Rogat. Soul of a Citizen: Living with Conviction in a Cynical Time. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1999
- Love, P. Hot Monogamy. New York: Penguin Books. 1995
- Maslow, A. Towards a Psychology of Being, New York: D. Van Nostrand 1968
- Mitchell, Stephen A. 2002. Can Love Last? The Fate of Romance over Time. New York: Norton.
- Mortensen, C. David. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications 1997
- Nelson, Tammy. 2008. Getting the Sex You Want: Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together. Quiver
- Nhat Hanh, Thich. The Miracle of Mindfulness: A Manual on Meditation. Boston, MA: Beacon Press, 1976
- Owen, Harrison. The Power of Spirit. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler, 2000
- Palmer, Parker. Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Inc. 2000
- Palmer, Parker. The Courage to Teach. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Inc. 1998
- Peck, M. Scott. The Road Less Traveled. New York: Touchstone, 1978
- Perel, Esther. 2006. Mating in Captivity. New York. Harper Collins
- Perry, Bruce. Born to Love, William Morrow Paperbacks; 2011
- Perry, Bruce. The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: Basic Books, 2007
- Quinn, Robet E. Building the Bridge as You Walk on It. Hoboken, NJ.Josey-Bass. 2004
- Ramachandran, V. S. and Blakeslee, S. Phantoms in the Brain: Human Nature and the Architecture of the Mind, London: Fourth Estate 1998
- Rilke, Rainer, Maria. Stephen Mitchell, Trans. Letters to a Young Poet. New York: Vintage, 1986
- Ritter, William. Take The Dimness of My Soul Away. Morehouse Publishing, 2004
- Royal, Hammond and Cathy, Edited by Sue Annis. Lessons from the Field: Applying Appreciative Inquiry Practical Press Inc.1998
- Salzberg, Sharon. Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness. Boston and London: Shambhala Publications, Inc., 1997
- Salzberg, Sharon. A Heart as Wide as the World Boston: Shambhala Publications, Inc. 1997
- Scharmer, C.O. Presencing: Using the Self as Gate for the Coming-Into-Presence of the Future. Paper for conference on Knowledge and Innovation,May 24-6, 2000 Helsinki, Finland.
- Scharmer O, Jaworsky J, Senge P, Flowers, B. Precense: Human Purpose and the Field of the Future. Cambridge, MA: Society for Organizational Learning. 2002
- Schnarch, David. 1991. Constructing the Sexual Crucible: An Integration of Sexual and Marital Therapy. New York: Norton
- Schnarch, David. 1997. Passionate Marriage. New York: Holt.
- Scuka, Robert F. Relationship Enhancement Therapy, Routledge, 2005
- Seidenfaden, Kirsten & Draiby, Piet, The Vibrant Relationship. London: Karnac Ltd 2011
- Seidenfaden, Kirsten & Draiby, Piet & Soborg Christensen, Susanne & Hejgaard Vibeke . The Vibrant Family. London: Karnac Ltd 2011
- Seligman, Martin E.P. Authentic Happiness. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2002
- Seligman, M. Learned Optimism. New York, NY: Simon and Schuster 1998
- Senge, P., Kleiner, K.,Roberts, C.,…The Dance of Change. London: Nicolas Brealy. 1999
- Senge, P.M. The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization, New York, NY: Doubleday 1990
- Senge, Peter; Scharmer, C. Otto; Jaworski, Joseph; & Flower, Betty Sue. Presence: An Exporation of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society, Currency, 2005
- Senge, Peter, M. The Fifth Discipline. New York: Doubleday7, 1990
- Seuss, Dr., Theodor. Oh! The Places You’ll Go Random House Inc., 1997
- Shapiro, Francine, Getting Past Your Past , Rodale Books; 1 edition (February 28, 2012)
- Siegel, Daniel. Parenting From the Inside Out Tarcher; Reprint edition (April 22, 2004)
- Siegel, Daniel. Pocket Guide to Interpersonal Neurobiology, W. Norton & Company (April 2, 2012)
- Siegel, Daniel. The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, The Guilford Press (October 22, 2001)
- Siegel Daniel, Bryson Tina Payne, The Whole Brain Child, Delacorte Press, 2011
- Siegel Daniel, Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation, Bantam, reprint edition, 201
- Siegel Daniel, The Mindful Therapist, W. Norton & Company; 1 edition (May 3, 2010)
- Solomon Marion, Love and War in Intimate Relationships, W. W. Norton & Company, 2011
- Srivasta, Suresh & Cooperrider, David L. Appreciative Management and Leadership: the Power of Positive Thought and Action in Organizations William Custom Publishing 1999
- Fifth Sacred Thing. Philadelphia: Bantam, 1993
- Stavros, Jacqueline M & Torres, Cheri B. Dynamic Relationships: Unleashing the Power of Appreciative Inquiry in Daily Living A Taos Institute Publication 2005
- Tagaya.co.il – art movement site, Tagaya & the Wisdom of the Elements
- Tannen, Deborah. The Argument Culture: Moving from Debate to Dialogue. New York: Random House 1998
- Tutu, , Desmond Mpilo. No Future Without Forgiveness. London: Rider, 1999
- Watkins, J.M. & Mohr, B.J. Appreciative Inquiry: Change at the Speed of Imagination. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, 2001
- Wheatley, M.J. and Kellner-Rogers, M. A Simpler Way. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler1996
- Wheatley, M.J. Leadership and the New Science: Learning About Organization from an Orderly Universe. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler. 1992
- Wheatley, Margaret. Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future, San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers. 1999
- Zander, R., & Zander, B. The Art of Possibility. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press 2000
- Zukav, Gary. The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics. New York: Bantam, 1980.
- Speed, Simplicity, and Self-Confidence: Jack Welch Speaks with Warren Bennis (1993)
Here is what Hedy says:
The Encounter-centered Couples Therapy clinical training is the latest version of the continuously unfolding discoveries I am making in my couples laboratory. My newest thinking about “what works best” with couples is woven into it.
During the training I teach the nuts and bolts as well as the heart and soul of the integrative model I now call EcCT. I have built into the training video segments from the new EcCT video program.
It shows my Intensive two-day session with one couple. I use it to demonstrate all of the underlying principles of the model.
You will leave the training with a powerful grounding in the basic principles of EcCT, which you will be able to integrate into your current knowledge and experience as a couples therapist. Incorporating the new learning’s into your practice will give you increased confidence, grace and boldness in your future work with couples.
We provide a two-day intensive session for couples called the Encounter-centered Couples Therapy Intensive. Hedy’s experience has shown that this format is very transformational and more effective for the couple than hourly therapy sessions. Your EcCT Intensive can be in your native language of English, French, Hebrew, German, Spanish or Yiddish.
Regarding the Trainings for Therapists:
When Hedy was teaching Imago Relationship Theory and Therapy, the model that she was presenting was continuously evolving. New metaphors were put in place. A different focus emerged. Then she began to teach the unfolding model as Tikkun. Tikkun is the Hebrew word for the fusion of healing, repair, transformation and completion. As she continued to develop ideas through observations in her couples laboratory, the crystallization of her work was birthed: the “three invisible connectors”: the Space – the Bridge – and the Encounter. Just then she was invited to present a TED talk in Israel, and she was given the opportunity to “essentialize” her work in 18 minutes. As she continued to study couples with these fundamentals in place, the name of the couples therapy she is now teaching revealed itself: “Encounter-centered Couples Therapy.”
This revelation coincided with putting the finishing touches on a professional video package of her work. The DVD set will be a training tool with ten parts, following Hedy’s work during the two-day Encounter-centered Couples Therapy Intensive session with a couple. EcCT is the fruit that materialized from her labor, not just over the last 20 years of observation in her couples laboratory, or her 36 years of professional work as a clinician, but of her entire 67 years of life experience.
The EcCT training is the latest version of Hedy’s unfolding work. Her newest thinking about couples is woven into it. She built the EcCT training around video segments from the new DVD set, which allows her to present a very systematic structure and a powerful grounding of the work that she does with couples. It gives people a chance to visualize as well as conceptualize the basic principles that she is presenting. People who have been to the Tikkun training will find this training new and different, while at the same time a deepening of concepts to which they may have previously been exposed.
If any of these answers are unclear or you have a question not covered here, please contact our office.