AFFAIRS: The Re-connection Journey
Introductory Training to Encounter-centered Couples Therapy (EcCT) and its use to assist couples for Re-Pairing after an Affair
Hedy Schleifer is excited to present a new clinical training under the auspices of the Tikkun Learning Center. In the USA, this training provides 21 CE hours.
Watch this short video from the "AFFAIRS: A Step-by-Step Process for Reconnection" Video Program which will give you a sense of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy and an effective way to guide couples in healing from an affair.
The training will answer the three questions that are critical for work with couples that have undergone the trauma of an affair:
- In the aftermath of an affair, how do you help couples restore and strengthen their relational bond?
- How do you assist them to be free of the trap of the “perpetrator” and “victim” roles, and enable them to make authentic amends?
- How do you guide them to script a new scenario for their future life together?
To achieve these goals of earnest re-pair after a distressing rupture, the therapist must create a contradiction. The therapist must establish a relational and emotional ambiance in which both the mutual expression and acceptance of deep regret as well as genuine forgiveness can take place.
Join Hedy Schleifer for a three-day experience, during which she will take you on an adventure to discover a novel and effective way to guide couples into the journey of healing and re-connection after an affair.
Through lectures, in vivo demonstrations with couples, group discussion and Q&A sessions, Hedy will prepare you to leave with an understanding of how EcCT provides you with new tools, increased expertise, enhanced skills, and a clear vision of how to achieve an even more relaxed and responsive therapeutic stance with your couples, including when they come in the aftermath of an affair.
To learn more about, and get familiar with EcCT, you can order the training video program.
If you are interested in knowing when the next training is scheduled in the USA, please complete the following information and we will update you as soon as new dates are scheduled.
HOURS: 9:00 am to 6:30 pm each day
TUITION: $795 per therapist, $695 for Imago Therapists, $395 for non-therapist spouse/partner of attending therapist
OPEN TO: Couples Therapists, Counselors, Relationship Coaches, Organizational Development Professionals, Pastoral Counselors. Spouses and partners are welcome*
21 CE hours: This educational event has been approved for 21 Continuing Education Units. Please see text below for your appropriate boards.
Hedy will introduce you to the guiding principles of EcCT, a pragmatic new approach to Couples Therapy. She will initiate you to the inspiring Amends Journey. And as you travel the journey, you will discover an original and effective approach to helping couples heal from both the recent wounds caused by the affair, and the old wounds imported into the relationship from childhood adaptations.
She will also show video clips of a new DVD of a live two-day intensive session with a couple, which will take you through every stage and step of their Amends Journey after an affair.
Spending 3 days with Hedy creates an extraordinary experience; you will encounter professional and personal transformation as she delivers this practical, effective, and spiritually and intellectually stimulating immersion in EcCT and its application to healing after an affair.
EcCT includes step-by-step processes for:
- Assisting couples develop deep listening skills and for expanding each partner's capacity to visit the other and get to know the other’s reality
- Helping partners own their individual contribution by what they did or didn’t do in the lead-up to the affair, while also discovering previously ignored aspects of each other’s inner emotional landscape
- Guiding each partner back to early wounds and survival defenses in order to create mutual understanding and new appreciation of each one’s individual struggles
- Reviewing the relationship from this new vantage point and scripting a new scenario for the future in which each partner can champion and cherish the other
- Allowing partners to attune to each other and achieve an emotional as well as spiritual connection based on empathic resonance.
During this training you will learn how EcCT:
- Concentrates on couples' inherent strengths rather than on their problems, and since it focuses on restoring couples' original connection, it succeeds, with such difficult challenges, as recovery from relational exits.
- Allows you to guide your couples to develop skills that go beyond the art of dialoguing, skills that deepen the whole body, mind and spiritual attunement, and create long lasting, safe authentic connection, as well as profound relational transformation.
- Enables you and your couples to experience a relational model that entrusts and empowers partners to create deep emotional and intellectual connections. You will also learn how EcCT integrates ancient wisdom and cutting edge neuroscience, such as memory reconsolidation therapy, and will experience a cohesive and holistic model of couples therapy.
To learn more about, and get familiar with EcCT, you can order the video program.
Continuing Education Units:
Psychologists; Marriage & Family Therapists
This course is co-sponsored by 3C Institute and Schleifer & Associates. 3C Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association (www.apa.org) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. 3C Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
3C Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6332. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. 3C Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
3C Institute, #1179, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB; www.aswb.org) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. The 3C Institute maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB approval period: 06/24/2016 – 06/24/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
State of California
This course meets the qualifications for 21 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (www.bbs.ca.gov). Provider Schleifer & Associates; Provider # PCE 5262.
If you have general questions or concerns, need to file a grievance, have questions about accessibility, or have a request for accommodations, please contact Geoffrey at Geoffrey@HedyYumi.com.